Assistant Lecturer in Human Geography – School of Energy, Construction and Environment, Coventry University, (2021-present)
Associate Lecturer in Human Geography and Environment – School of Environment, University of York, (2020)
Teaching Fellow in Human Geography – Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences, University of Reading (2019-2020)
Sessional Lecturer – Department of Social and Political Sciences, Brunel University London (2018-2019)
Graduate Administrator – University of Cambridge (2017-2019)
Graduate Supervisor – Department of Geography, University of Cambridge (2014-2016)
British Research Councils Fellow – Library of Congress, Washington D.C. (2014-2015)
Policy Adviser, Energy and Climate Change – Confederation of British Industry (2013-2013)
Research Officer – Private Secretary’s Office, The Royal Household (2010-2012)
Emmanuel College, Cambridge University PhD in Geography (2013-2017)
Mobile Holmes: Sherlockiana, travel writing and the co-production of the Sherlock Holmes Stories
King’s College London MA in Australian Studies (2008-2009)
Durham University BA (Hons) First Class, History and Politics (2004-2007)
GRANTS, AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS
2020 Reading University Excellence in Teaching Award – Shortlisted
2020 Geography and Environmental Sciences, Reading University, Research Fund £1000
2019 BA/Leverhulme Small Grant – Shortlisted
2018 Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship – Shortlisted (with UEA)
2017 Bryce L. Crawford Memorial Essay Prize, Norwegian Explorers of Minnesota (Sherlock Holmes society)
2016 Cambridge University Fieldwork Fund £2000
2016 Emmanuel College
2015 Cambridge University Fieldwork Fund £2000
2015 British Association of Victorian Studies £100
2014 British Research Councils Fellowship, Library of Congress. Office space and archival access.
2015 AHRC overseas conference award Costs and travel expenses. £500
2014 AHRC International Placement Scheme (IPS) £6,000
2013 AHRC +3 doctoral funding award Three years’ funding and stipend.
Department of Geography and Environmental Sciences, University of Reading (2019-2020)
- Convener – Energy Resources (2nd year undergraduates)
- Convener – Berlin Virtual Field Class 2020 (2nd year undergraduates)
- Lecturer – Research Skills for Human Geographers (2nd year undergraduates)
- Lecturer – Theories and Debates in Human Geography (1st year undergraduates)
- Lecturer – Contemporary Issues in Human Geography (1st year undergraduates)
- Lecturer – Introducing Human Geography (1st year undergraduates)
- Supervisor – Undergraduate dissertations (2nd & 3rd year undergraduates)
- Academic Tutor – 1st and 3rd year undergraduates)
Department of Social and Political Sciences, Brunel University (2018-2019)
- Lecturer – Sociology of Work (3rd year undergraduates)
- Lecturer – Research in Practice (2nd year undergraduates)
- Lecturer – Exploring Identity and Power: Research Methods (1st year undergraduates)
- Lecturer – Foundations of Journalism Research (1st year undergraduates)
Department of Geography, University of Cambridge (2014-2016)
- Supervisor – Dissertations in cultural geography (2nd & 3rd year undergraduates)
- Tutor – Geography and Enlightenment (2nd year undergraduates)
- Tutor – Historical Geography of Globalization (1st year undergraduates)
Mentor for new PhD students. Department of Geography, Cambridge. (2016-2017)
Pastoral contact fornew postgraduates in Emmanuel College. (2016-2017)
PostGrad Forum. Organiser.Department of Geography, Cambridge. A meeting space for postgraduate
students to engage in development, welfare and training. (2016-2017)
PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT AND WIDENING PARTICIPATION
Student Representative, Graduate Open Day. Emmanuel College and Department of Geography, University of Cambridge (2016).
Sherlock Holmes, Fans and Maps. Public lecture. Emmanuel Society. Emmanuel College, Cambridge. (November 2016).
Elementary Neurology: The Neuroscience Behind Sherlock Holmes. Public lecture. Cambridge University. Festival of Ideas. (October 2016).
Find Barnaby!. Children’s activity for ages 7-13. Interdisciplinary collaboration presented at the Cambridge University Science Festival. (March 2016).
Subject Lead, Human Geography. Sutton Trust Summer School. Department of Geography, University of Cambridge (August 2015 – August 2016).The role of fandom in constructing geographical imaginations. The John. W. Kluge Center, Library of Congress, Washington, DC. (April 2015).
CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Associate Fellowship of the HEA. Academic Practice Programme. University of Reading. 2020.
Teaching Training. University of Reading. 2020
- Designing online course for inclusivity
- Interpreting Turnitin Reports
- Marking take-home exams in Turnitin and Blackboard
- Inclusive teaching and learning practices
- Supporting students with mental health difficulties
Transferable skills and professional development for PhD candidates. University of Cambridge. 2013-2017:
- Teaching undergraduates
- GIS training
- Grant and fellowship application writing
- Undertaking research projects
Rising Stars: Interdisciplinary Public Engagement Training. University of Cambridge. 2015.
Royal Geographical Society 2013-present
American Association of Geographers2014-present
British American Studies Association 2018-present
Association for the Study of Literature and Environment 2018-present